Monday, March 24, 2008

I will have two new stories in the upcoming Sleeping Fish, which is great. Sleeping Fish is great.

Last Thursday's event with Dean Wareham was great. I don't know how he got his reputation as a prickly pear, because he's a lot of fun. The next night he read and played with Britta at the Lizard Lounge. He played "Blue Thunder" and "Don't Let Our Youth Go To Waste." That was really something, to finally see him sing those songs I've been listening to for 15 years. I celebrated by getting very very drunk. No fear.

I finally wrote something on Sunday. Its been a month. But I need to because I have nothing else to submit to magazine and I like submitting to magazines. It makes me feel like I'm doing something, though I am doing very little.

William Walsh sent me a copy of his new book, Without Wax. I want to read it soon, but I have a huge huge pile of books to get through for work. But everything I've read of it so far has made it seem very promising.

2 comments:

Axelphoto said...

Damn. I would have paid good good money to see Wareham play "Blue Thunder". Can't say that I particularly think the addition of Britta is anything but awful (their CD sucks), but any shot he takes to play out for a crowd is welcome.

Jealousy jealousy...

PS. Got Simic's new book in the mail today, That Little Something, though I am sure you have had it for months.

(*drool, drool*)

Brian Foley said...

I disagree. I love what they're doing.