Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Hanging Moment

At the end of our adventure, it came. We laughed in grand unison and leapt high into the air. We froze that way, in the air. This was our moment. We stayed there for some time. After a while my back began to ache. I had not positioned myself the way I'd practiced. We were waiting for someone to tell us to stop. Or we were waiting for a moonless night to come so we could sneak away. I did not want to be the one to say anything, or to break the integrity of the fourth wall. I only hope that I looked good, hanging there like an old ghost suspended from the limb of an invisible tree.

2 comments:

bonnie m. said...

i like this one, very much.

Brian Foley said...

Thanks. It is based on that moment which comes at the end of every episode of Speed Racer.