Friday, April 10, 2009

Fucking Finally


After laboring over a decision for the past few weeks, and still waiting to hear back from three schools, I've finally settled my hash. Next year I will be attending UMass Amherst for an MFA in poetry.

I'd received some other really generous offers. I was also holding out to hear from all the places I'd applied to. However, last night I received a phone call from UMass informing I'd be able to teach a creative writing class this fall. Not sure what perks come in tandem with the job, but it is more or less what I want and where I want to be.

In other news, Carl will be selling the Greying Ghost back catalog at tomorrow's reading. It's said to rain, so here's an extra incentive to join us.




AGH. Fucking Finally.

9 comments:

BLAKE BUTLER said...

congrats dude. amherst seemed like an awesome town. go get em

Brian Foley said...

Thanks Blake. Come LARPing in the Berkshires.

Krystal Languell said...

Congrats!

www.juliadenos.com said...

hey congrats brian!! awesome. but no LARPing please.

claire said...

word!

Mike Young said...

badass dude! lemme know when you're in town and we'll shoot hippies

eunuch said...

I've got my BBgun loaded for the asses!

Mark said...

congrats
kill many things

Pet & Gone said...

congrats dude