Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Emergency Wal-Mart


Monday, March 9th, 7pm, Ada Books, Providence Blake Butler, Claire Donato, & Mike Young

Blake Butler is the author of EVER (Calamari Press 01/09) and Scorch Atlas (forthcoming Featherproof Books 09/09). His work has appeared in Ninth Letter, Willow Springs, Quick Fiction, Harpur Palate, New York Tyrant, etc. He lives in Atlanta and edits No Colony and htmlgiant.com.


Claire Donato's work has appeared in journals such as Caketrain, Coconut, Cannibal, and Dewclaw. She is the author of a chapbook, SOMEONE ELSE'S BODY (Cannibal Books 2009). Her hometown is Pittsburgh, PA.


Mike Young is the author of the chapbooks MC OROVILLE'S ANSWERING MACHINE (Transmission Press) and REAL STURDY THING (Stormy Petrel Press), both forthcoming. He co-edits NOÖ Journal and Magic Helicopter Press. His writing has appeared in Nerve, Hobart, Pindeldyboz, Juked, elimae, Coconut, MiPOesias, No Tell Motel, Online Writing: The Best of the First Ten Years + more.


I'm going to this. At the beloved Ada Books. If you've never met anyone from Pittsburgh, now's your chance.

*




The So & So reading series lives on in the grand ol' south. So do their uniquely awesome broadsides. The above feature Elisa Gabbert and Tony Tost. Check them out here

*

I had a phone interview today with UMass trying to explain why'd I'd be a suitable TEACHING ASSISTANT. I don't know if I made my case. I had something in my throat. A nervous voice.

No comments: